As some of you may know, this summer we launched our new equity initiatives in the form of a pipe, Clio.
50% of the proceeds from Clio each pipe will be donated to a cyclical selection of organizations geared towards galvanizing women, girls, our trans brothers and sisters, and social equity programs in cannabis and our communities.
We want to thank everyone who has supported the Clio cause since we launched her this past July and for those who have shown her so much love!
We are excited to be announcing the organization that we will be sending our first donation to from the sales between July - August 31st 2019.
We want to note that there are so many worthy causes to be giving back to in this world and choosing just one has almost been impossible. However, as we continue to provide this piece, we will be providing donations to new organizations that inspire us with their work every few months.
We have selected the following organization as our first cause because we feel extremely privileged to be able to operate safely in the cannabis space and we want to help provide others with opportunities to do what we have been lucky enough to.
Equity First Alliance
"The mission of Equity First Alliance is to harness the political power of cannabis organizers that work at the intersection of the cannabis industry, racial equity, and reparative justice. Through education, mobilization, dialogue, engagement, and collective action, we work to advance equity in the cannabis industry, to repair harms of the War on Drugs, and to seek justice for those who have been most harmed by it."
The amount of work that the EFA is difficult to sum up but here are some examples of the work they are doing and advocating for in the community
• Social Equity Programs at local, state, and federal levels that offer prioritized licensing, business assistance, and mentorship to people who have been directly impacted by cannabis prohibition.
• Job training, worker protections, healthcare, living wages, unionization, worker-owned businesses, and other business development programs in the primary and ancillary cannabis industries.
• Education for communities of color about the health, wellness, and economic impacts of the cannabis plant and the cannabis industry.
• Access to jobs and ownership in the cannabis industry for all individuals seeking cannabis, regardless of prior criminal convictions.
• Affordable and/or subsidized cannabis medicine for low-income patients.
...and so much more.
Click here to learn more about the Equity First Alliance.
Click here to purchase a Clio piece, 50% of all proceeds will be donated to an organization we beleive in.
We look forward to continuing to raise awareness of organizations we believe in and we thank you for support!!
Founder of Laundry Day